Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Monday. Nobody is a fan of Mondays, yet alone Monday mornings. It hasn't been the best Monday I've ever had but at least I ate some good food. I rolled out of bed in a daze, opened my curtains and looked out at the bland grey sky. It's raining here in Toronto. I needed a pick me up for breakfast to get me out of the Monday blues. What better way to start the day than with a delicious egg and avocado breakfast sandwich? This is an easy sandwich to make and of course it's a good one. If only the rest of my day had been as good as this sandwich tasted...

Egg and avocado breakfast sandwich:

Ingredients:
~Bread - Spelt, or any to your liking
~Avocado - 1 half
~Egg - 1 or 2
~Almond butter
~Salt - 1 pinch
~Pepper - 1 pinch

Start by cracking the eggs in a frying pan and cook them sunny side up. I fried 2 eggs but 1 egg would work just fine. Season them with salt and pepper.

While the eggs are frying, peel and slice 1/2 an avocado. Thinner slices will work better when biting into the sandwich. I learned this the hard way. Unfortunately as I was eating mine, avocado was falling out everywhere. Nevertheless my sandwich was divine.

Take two slices of bread and toast them. This should be done second to peeling the avocado because you want to be sure the bread is still warm when the sandwich is ready to be eaten.

The eggs should be done right about now, so place both eggs on one slice of toast. Place the avocado slices on top of the egg. On the second piece of toast, coat a nice and thick layer of almond butter. I was thinking a little bit of honey would be tasty as well but I didn't try this. If anybody does, please let me know how it tastes! I think it would add a nice sweet touch.

Once the almond butter, egg and avocado have been sandwiched between two pieces of toast, you're ready to feast! Enjoy your breakfast sandwich with a tall glass of cold water or some freshly squeezed juice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

//

//

Popular Posts

'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha

'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha