Saturday, April 11, 2015

I'd like to dedicate this post to all of the people out there who are struggling with a sweet tooth or two. I wholeheartedly feel for you.

While I was living in New York, I found the most amazing macaroon cafe. I walked inside, completely in awe of all of the macaroons, struggled to choose between the amazing colors and flavors, chose two (because how could I choose just one?), took a bite. Just like that, I was hooked.

Unfortunately I forgot the name of the place, hence I could never return. The cafe was forever lost in an array of adorable shops somewhere on the west side. Sorry to dampen your mood with the sad ending.

The point is, I've loved macaroons ever since. Allow me to introduce to you raw vegan gluten-free macaroons #cleaneating #plantbased #lifestyle. Ya feel?

These beauties will have even the biggest sweet teeth of all (I'm talking sweet molars and wisdom teeth) satisfied. Think white chocolatey coconut goodness.


Clean Eating Macaroons:

Ingredients:

~ Raw almonds - 1 cup

~ Shredded coconut - 1 cup

~ Vanilla - 1/4 cup

~ Coconut oil - 3 tbsp

~ Maple syrup OR raw honey - 3 tbsp

~ Salt - 2 pinches


Instructions:

1. In your food processor, blend all of the ingredients together. The end result should look well blended with small bits of almonds mixed in.

2. With your hands, roll bite-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. I pressed lightly on the tops of each macaroon to flatten them a little bit. This is just for looks and is entirely unnecessary.

3. Rinse or lick your fingers because they will be pretty messy at this point.

4. Place in freezer until firm.



*I should mention that macarons are actually the delightful french pastries that come in an array of pretty colors and have a fluffy texture, similar to biting into a cloud that came straight from heavens. Macaroons are the coconut goodness for which I have given a recipe above. This is if you want to get really specific, but for the sake of this post, they're both going under the same category. To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Photo via Pastry Gene

0 comments:

Post a Comment

//

//

Popular Posts

'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha

'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha