To be honest, I'd say all of the dinners I prepare are lazy dinners. My goal is to make the tastiest dinner possible while doing the least amount of work possible - and keeping it healthy of course. A lazy dinner doesn't have to be a bad one. This lazy dinner is seriously delicious. It's also seriously beautiful with all those vibrant colors mixed together!
Vegetarian coconut fried rice:
Ingredients:
Jasmine rice - 1/2 cup
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Spinach - 1 overflowing handful
Egg - 2
Broccoli - 1/2 handful
Tomato - 1/2 handful chopped
Onion - 3 tbsp chopped
Salt - 1 tsp
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
Directions:
1. Cook rice with a 1/2 cup water and a 1/2 cup coconut milk. When the rice has almost completed cooking, add in 1 beautifully overflowing handful of spinach. The spinach will wilt and become a lot less overwhelming to look at. Eating your greens is not as hard as it seems.
2. While the rice is cooking, chop up all of the other ingredients. Crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add a little coconut milk and scramble the eggs in a lightly oiled pan until just cooked.
3. Once rice has finished add rice with spinach, broccoli, tomato and onion to the scrambled eggs. Continue to cook all the ingredients. Drizzle a little coconut oil to the mix. When the broccoli has turned a slightly darker color your fried rice is just about ready.
4. Add 1 tbsp salt and push ingredients around. Transfer to a bowl. Devour all food.
Friday, September 26, 2014
By Isabelle on 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
//
Popular Posts
-
These are passion fruit . While they aren't very easy on the eyes, they're pretty easy on the taste buds. In case that doesn...
-
Are you aware that squash is considered a fruit? Does that blow your mind? My mind is blown. Can you guess what fruit this curry contains?...
-
After an exhausting day in the studio it was so nice to come back to my new place, take a hot shower and make a simple dinner that's bot...
-
Canadian weather doesn't fool around. It's barely 30 degrees here and snow has been falling all day long. The sad part is, I think i...
-
To be honest, I'd say all of the dinners I prepare are lazy dinners. My goal is to make the tastiest dinner possible while doing the lea...
-
Feeling blue? Like you have no purpose in life? Like everything is falling down around you? Never fear, just buy a cactus! Water these ba...
-
I've recently become very intrigued with smoothie bowls. The idea is perfect for me because there's something about smoothies that I...
-
I challenge you to never buy sushi again . If you cannot accept this challenge, I understand because I will not accept it myself due to l...
-
I try to stay away from wheat because I don't always like the effects it has on the body. That being said, I really miss bread; Light, f...
-
Making food in the middle of the day can be a pain. What are we supposed to do if we're hungry, need some good nutrients, but don't ...
'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha
'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha
0 comments:
Post a Comment