Saturday, February 21, 2015

I've recently become very intrigued with smoothie bowls. The idea is perfect for me because there's something about smoothies that I really don't like to drink. To eat, on the other hand, is a different story.

Why I love them:
Delicious
Nutritious
Easy
Minimal clean up
Pretty
Awesome

Q:So where did I learn of smoothie bowls?
A:I have always scrolled by pictures of them but I never really knew what I was seeing. I just assumed that they were all acai bowls or something of that nature. Since I can't seem to find acai in any grocery stores near me even if my life depended on it, I browsed over these bowls without thinking twice.

Then recently somebody finally captioned one of their photos with two beautiful words. Smoothie bowl. I had been enlightened.

I started searching for smoothie bowls on Pinterest and I came across some seriously mouth watering photos. Some of the ones that really stuck out to me were put together by this cool gal named Lee Tilghman. She is pretty much the goddess of smoothie bowls. Eventually I found her Instagram account so I would like to take a moment to share a little of this beauty with the world.









If you live in Connecticut, I recommend dropping by one of her smoothie bowl classes. I would if I could! Maybe some day I'll make it out there but until then I'll have to practice on my own.

And so I present to you my first ever smoothie bowl. *applause*



Q: HOW???
A: I took some frozen raspberries. I blended them in my food processor. I sliced a banana and halved/pitted dates. I added hemp seeds, roasted sunflower seeds and chia seeds. I ate. I enjoyed. I celebrated. I wrote about it.

1 comment:

//

//

Popular Posts

'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha

'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha