Monday, May 4, 2015

Not too long ago, I was gifted with a magical new kitchen appliance - a spiralizer.

When I first opened the box, I was a little intimidated. These fancy plastic contraptions don't exactly scream 'Use me!' so I decided I should actually read the instructions instead of attempting and failing to make it work.

These things are amazing. All you have to do is shove a vegetable of your choice onto the veggie holder, rotate the handle and watch as the spiralizer transforms your food into perfectly curled noodles! This entire process fascinated me. If only I had more vegetables to spiralize.

My veggie of choice was a zucchini. I am a big fan of zucchini noodles and after buying them various places and falling in love over and over again, it only made sense to make them on my own.

The noodles were a success.


How awesome is that?! I couldn't help but take hundreds (Ok, maybe more like 20 but that's still a pretty big number. It's in the double digits.) of photos of the spirals being made. I won't make you look at all of them but I cannot stress enough how cool it was to watch this process happen. It was magic right before my eyes.


My final product was a fabulous bowl of noodles. I'll take you step by step through the zucchini-noodle-making process.

Zucchini Noodles

Ingredients:

~ Zucchini - 2

~ Water - Enough to cover the noodles in a medium sized pot

~ Salt - 1 pinch


Instructions:

1. Spiralize both zucchinis and prepare to be amazed.

2. Place spiraled zucchini in a medium sized pot of boiling water.

3. Add salt and boil for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to boil for too long or the noodles will become unappetizingly mushy and they might even start to fall apart.

4. Strain water and top with whatever you want. I topped mine with a delicious avocado sauce. Get the recipe here!

Enjoy your fabulously healthy and equally delicious meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

//

//

Popular Posts

'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha

'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha