Or more properly titled: Healthy Vegan Crunch Bars of Doom
Fair warning: These bars will turn you into a monster and you will devour them all within the hour.
Everybody loves the classic Nestle Crunch Bar. Not everybody loves the ingredients. With a list including Soy Lecithin, Vanillin and Sugar, I decided to make my own version of the tasty bar. Now you can munch and crunch all day long without a care in the world. *Happy sigh of relief*
Ingredients:
~ Cacao powder - 1/2 cup
~ Coconut oil - 1/2 cup (melted)
~ Coconut sugar - 1/4 cup OR Maple syrup - 1/4 cup
~ Brown rice cereal - 1 cup
~ Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
~ Himalayan pink salt - 1 pinch
Instructions:
1. Mix the melted coconut oil, cacao powder, coconut sugar (or maple syrup), vanilla extract and himalayan pink salt in a medium sized bowl. Mix until well combined. Side note: this is your basic recipe for healthy chocolate!
2. Pour your brown rice cereal into the bowl and stir until all of the cereal has been covered in a tasty coat of chocolate.
3. Evenly pour the mixture into either a pan, glassware container, or whatever else floats your boat. I used a 4X6 inch glassware container to create a thicker bar.
4. Place the container in the freezer for 1 hour, or until hardened. Slice and devour.
Sunday, March 29, 2015
By Isabelle on 11:41 AM
Posted in candy, chocolate, clean eating, coconut, crunch bar, dark chocolate, dessert, diet, easy, fitspo, food, health, healthy, inspiration, nestle, recipe, vanilla, vegan | No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
//
Popular Posts
-
These are passion fruit . While they aren't very easy on the eyes, they're pretty easy on the taste buds. In case that doesn...
-
Are you aware that squash is considered a fruit? Does that blow your mind? My mind is blown. Can you guess what fruit this curry contains?...
-
After an exhausting day in the studio it was so nice to come back to my new place, take a hot shower and make a simple dinner that's bot...
-
Canadian weather doesn't fool around. It's barely 30 degrees here and snow has been falling all day long. The sad part is, I think i...
-
To be honest, I'd say all of the dinners I prepare are lazy dinners. My goal is to make the tastiest dinner possible while doing the lea...
-
Feeling blue? Like you have no purpose in life? Like everything is falling down around you? Never fear, just buy a cactus! Water these ba...
-
I've recently become very intrigued with smoothie bowls. The idea is perfect for me because there's something about smoothies that I...
-
I challenge you to never buy sushi again . If you cannot accept this challenge, I understand because I will not accept it myself due to l...
-
I try to stay away from wheat because I don't always like the effects it has on the body. That being said, I really miss bread; Light, f...
-
Making food in the middle of the day can be a pain. What are we supposed to do if we're hungry, need some good nutrients, but don't ...
'Holding On To Anger Is Like Drinking Poison And Expecting The Other Person To Die.' ~Buddha
'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' ~Buddha
0 comments:
Post a Comment